Tuesday 22 November 2011

Outfit Of The Day: I Made Skirts

My first blog entry was bout me being inspired by a designer and some fabric. So today I'm here to share with you, one of my creations. Using two of the three fabrics I bought I made two skirts, both with broad waist bands. One of the skirts is 30 inch and the other is 21 inch.

This project  brought back memories of me taking scraps of cloth from the bin after my mom had finished sewing an item for a customer. Those days scraps could have given me a top, which required no measurements, just a vision of how I wanted it,  and a rough, free hand pattern. Gone are those days.

I thank my mom tremendously for teaching me the basics of sewing, how to draft and sew a straight skirt, a basic top, straight dress and shorts.

It has been so long since I've tried my hand at sewing garments that I made some errors, but they're not visible and I'm not telling where they are...lol.

I see endless outfit possibilities with these two pieces (church, meetings, liming etc).

This outfit comprised of the 30 inch skirt. I wore this to church.

Hurry up and take the picture. lol

This was just an extra effort, I made a brooch/hair accessory from scraps of the fabric.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment