Saturday 14 April 2012

Sun's Halo

Have you seen the ring around the sun today?
The talk of today happen to be about the ring around the sun. And after endless trips outside, the clouds finally cleared a bit for me to see this ring that everyone is talking about.

But what does it mean? 
After about an hour of searching the internet, it still isn't clear to me what exactly is taking place. All I have gathered so far is that it is called a halo, and a lot of people believe it means there would be a change in the weather. On other sites it was said be rings caused by cirrus clouds and moisture high up where the temperatures are well below freezing. The moisture turns into ice crystals, which reflects the sun light, creating a halo or ring.

Whatever it is or means, I think it's absolutely beautiful. I must say, nature is such a wonderful thing. 

Did you see the halo today? Have you ever seen a halo? Do you know what it signifies?

Much love,


No comments:

Post a Comment