Monday 9 April 2012

Cake

For the last two months, I have been totally obsessed with cakes. I've been looking for the perfect cake for my B'Day. The perfect cake to reflect my transition in to womanhood, my new found maturity, my femininity

In previous year I' have always organized my own B'Day cake, simply because I know what I like and what would make me happy on MY special day. I'm not really a cake person, but at the same time, my B'Day cake must look and taste good, I must be happy and excited about it. There this one place here in Trinidad that I always get cakes from, whether it be for me or someone else. The Kiss Baking Company has some of the best cakes ever (in my opinion). The texture is soooo soft and moist (one of the best cakes in my book)

Over the years I've gone through some many cake phases that every B'Day was just something completely different. I've had the plain and marble cakes covered in fondant and royal icing, a cheesecake sampler and a double chocolate fudge. I've even had a frozen chocolate cake (I didn't think I would like it but it was surprisingly good). Last year, because I felt playful, I had a plain cake covered in blue fondant with two little yellow ducks at the top. It was extremely cute and I was extremely happy.
My 2011 B'Day Cake
This year I've decided to have two cakes. Because I plan to be out on the day of my B'Day,  with my girls having fun, I'm having cupcakes; and when the weekend fun is over I'll have my real B'day cake at my parent's home with my brothers.

The cupcakes would be from Kiss, but my friend's mom will be making the cake for me. It  would be an 8" by 6" tall, Pineapple  flavoured, pink royal icing swirled cake.  The swirl design is pictured below. (I'm very anxious about this cake)
Pink Swirl Cake 
I came across this design months ago on Hostess with the Mostess. Since then, I've been obsessed with it. I've looked at the photo of this cake every single day, I can't wait to see it materialize. 

Are you a cake person? Do you prefer cupcakes over normal cakes? Which do you prefer fondant, royal icing or butter cream? 

Much love,


2 comments:

  1. I remembered the blue cake but i love the pink swirl looks good

    ReplyDelete
  2. No preference here, I love it all! Cute cupcakes get my heart though.

    ReplyDelete