Sunday 15 April 2012

iRant

This would be my first rant post. Why am I ranting you may ask? Simply because it threatens the fun packed weekend I have planned.

It all started on a dark and rainy night....lol....I kid, I kid (is it weird that horror stories always start that way). It was actually midday on a cloudy, cool Friday.
Anyhow, me being in preparation mode for the highly anticipated weekend, and wanting to look my best (after all, it's 'my big three O'). I decide to pay a visit to the beauty spa, this is a place I frequent almost every month to get a facial and some minor waxing done. 

STOP!!!
Hold on, wait a minute. Let me start by saying upfront, the service I recieved here has always been good, and on that day, the actual facial was the BEST I have ever had at this spa. The young lady was very pleasant, gentle and she took her time with me.

Ok...back to the RANT
So there I am lying on the bed with my eyes closed. The beautician comes in ever so quietly that I didn't even realize she was in the room till she started coughing. We exchanged some pleasantries (how are you,  which type of facial, when was the last facial etc), then the facial started (she has the most gentle hands). 

Cough, cough, cough....cough, cough, cough. Me, "are you alright?" to which she replied "yes". Me: *raised eyebrow* Ok, she said she's OK, probably she just has that annoying, non-contagious, non-infectious, nothing to worry about cough, that cough everyone was left with after the flu has left them. However, as the facial progressed, the cough persisted. That coughing spell lasted the entire appointment, the ENTIRE appointment!!! 
So the appointment is over now, I thank her, told her she did such a wonderful job. I get up, and looked at the her and realizes she looks ill, so I ask her again, " are you sure you're OK? do you have the flu?" to which she then replies "yes". 

YES??? WHAT!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!! Y'ALL HAVE TO BE JOKING!!!!

If you are providing a service, especially one that involves personal hygiene, and your employee has the flu (the very contagious flu). Send them to F home until they feel better. So as to not risk paying customers such as myself being infected with the flu. And in my case being infected with the flu days before 'my big three O'. What the hell are you trying to do? Ruin my celebration?

I am very disappointed with the spa, VERY disappointed. It's Sunday, I'm on work, tired, weak, feverish, congested, I have a headache,  my nose and eyes are runny, my throat is sore; and i'm guzzling down Nyquil, Panadol and Chloraseptic lozenges hoping to get over the flu before the weekend. This is not how I envisioned my week. I'm supposed to be bursting with energy and excitement. 
Places such as these establishments need to be better business people and human beings and look out for the well being of there customers and fellow human beings.

I now wish I had noticed she was ill before the start of the appointment. I would have requested someone else do the facial.

END OF RANT

Have you ever experienced this, or a similar situation? Do you think places such as these establishments should be held accountable for public health?

Much Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment