Sunday 19 February 2012

DIY Tutorial: Pink Heart Pyramid Box

I made this box as a Valentine's Day token for my co-worker, but I see many possibilities with it. They could be made for weddings, birthdays and for thank you. Use different patterns and colours of card stock or even normal weight paper, and the possibilities are endless.

The pyramid box template I got from Simply Creative The pink Petticoat Blog and the pink hearts were part of a Valentine's Day digital scrap booking kit from the very talented Anski of the blog Cute & Cool Creations
If you choose you can a print the template onto scarp book paper, remember any prints can be used for this box. Explore your options, create and enjoy.


What I used:
White card stock
A printer
Pyramid box template (Click the link to go directly to the download)
Pink hearts image (Click the link to go directly to the download)
A scoring tool
A ruler
A scissors
A 3"x 5" clear plastic bag (or similar size)
Sweets of your choice
A hole punch
Ribbon


I printed the pyramid box template on the card stock. I then put the same card stock back into the printer and printed the pink heart graphic on the other side of the card stock.


Using a ruler and an old pen as my scoring tool, I scored the template along the dotted lines.


Outside of the box
 I then follow the solid lines to cut out the shape of the box.


Inside of the box
 I folded along all scored lines toward the inside of the box.


Place sweets in plastic bag and secure bag with a piece of ribbon.
Using the hole punch, I punched the four peaks of the box, and placed the bag of sweets in the middle of the box.


I then passed another piece of ribbon through the punched holes to close in the box. I added a "for you" tag and made a bow.


This is the finished product, ready to be given to a friend.

Hope you enjoyed.

Much Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment