Thursday 16 February 2012

A Day at the Beach

Two days at the beach in a week....wow!!! I did good. This coming from a person who lived 20+ years of her life across the street from the beach, seems unthinkable. But since I moved out on my own I hardly ever get to the beach. Now, for me, two days within a week is a record. I went to the beach Last Thursday and again on Tuesday.

Last Thursday I needed to get away , relax and clear my head. For me there is no other place than the beach to do this. The crashing of the waves, the freshness of the air always puts me in a zone fit for relaxation. And on a week day, when there is almost no one at the beach if my favourite time to be there.

I packed a bag, got out my swim wear, jumped in the car, picked up my good friend Desta, and headed for the beach. We ended up at Vessigny Beach, which is on the Southwestern side of Trinidad. It was the first time I've ever been to that beach. Sadly I didn't get to take a dip in the water as it was too shallow...yes too shallow, I prefer the water above waist height. However we did get to explore the beach, relax and catch up...and that was well worth the drive.










  


On Tuesday, on my work stay over, at the Complex; I enjoyed a couple of hours on the beach. It was so beautiful, I wish I had packed a swim suit.
This is the Mayaro beach on the Southeastern side of the island, a beautiful beach with somewhat rough waters.






Isn't it beautiful?

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment